We are seeking a MIG Welder to become an integral part of our team! The Welder will use specialized equipment to weld and assemble automotive parts. IND-EL
Performs MIG and TIG welding and cutting using gas and electric welding equipment with minimum supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job.
· Fabricates product by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Assemble parts by bolting, riveting or gluing.
· Able to use cutting tools and prepare materials for welding.
· Constructs and repairs product by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
· Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Sets up, assembles, and tacks weld parts.
· Weld aluminum components (bench, MIG, TIG)
· Weld steel components (bench, MIG, TIG)
· Grind welds
· Use of brake press, shear, and other machinery necessary to prepare materials for welding.
· Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from work piece to prepare material for welding.
· Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work pieces
· Keeps work area orderly and clean.
· Follows all safety requirements.
· Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
· Operates any equipment needed to perform job.
· Works overtime as required to meet production schedules.
· High school education or equivalent.
· Ability to successfully complete company welding tests.
· Minimum one year certificate from college or technical school and 6 months or more related experience.
· Proficient in MIG welding on steel and aluminum
· Pass Frontline on-site weld test, Flux Core Arc welding, Vertical 3F 100⸰/co2 , prior to consideration.
· Attain Flux Core Arc welding 4F Overhead certification within 90 day probationary period
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00 /hour